Number in attendance: 25
Chap Fr John Anderson P
GK Tim Bailey P
Adv Jared Gorka P
DGK Lee Brown A
Warden John Linneman P
Chanc Dennis Mitchell P
In Guard Ed Zimmerman P
Recorder Larry Gee P
Out Guard John Zipperer P
Fin Secr Jeff Williams P
Trust 3rd Yr Phillip Mills P
Treas Doug Mills P
Trust 2nd Yr Troy Schmidt P
Trust 1st Yr Al Linden P
Approval of Minutes from June Meeting: Mark/Al Passed
Chaplain Message: Masses were full on Sunday AM. Need to roust ourselves out of complacency and ask ourselves if we are active. Are we there on Sunday worshipping with everyone? Pray with someone. That is a start.
Grand Knight Report: Tim Bailey:
- Words of thanks to Don for prep talk. Al for twisting my arm. And Phil for helping me.
- Presented Phil award for very successful Past Grand Knight.
- Open to keep momentum going on the council.
- Mike Peterson might have a possible new member.
- Need to find a date at St Pat’s for Travis Broten
Saints game: July 26
Father John & Altar boys celebration: July 30
Tootsie roll sales: Aug 17, 18, 19
Somerset golf tournament: Aug 18th
Punt, Pass & Kick: Aug 30 at Corn Fest – NRA Centre
Food drive: always need help
Blood drive: Aug 23 KC hall
4th Degree Exemplification at IC – May 2024
- Wills playground: no date set for ribbon cutting.
- cost of Kobussen bus $350.45 plus $40 for parking = $390.45 total. Don/Jeff. Passed.
- Oct 14 Fall Festival at KC Hall. Fall festival includes a silent auction. Band at night for adults. All proceeds go to church. Asking for volunteers. Capacity of 250 people. Asking for bartender’s license.
- Totus Tuus is week of July 10. IC hosting a potluck congregation picnic on Wednesday of Totus Tuus. Asking for setup help at 4 PM and take down help at 7:15 PM. Potluck at 5:30 PM.
Family of the Month Knight of the Month
- Al & Mary Jo Lingen * Phillip Mills
District Deputy Report:
- Congratulations to Tim on first meeting.
- District meeting on July 24th St. Josephs in Amery.
- Email for help for field agents - geographically a large area.
- Columbus Day banquet….keep on radar.
- Membership: excited for new members with exemplification announce to parish.
- Please push activities and events to increase membership.
- Encourage everyone to look at programs traditionally run and try new programs.
- Invite new member to participate in Tootsie Roll Drive.
- Initiate new programs. Use programs to draw membership. Ask members of parish to help with events.
- Promote IC Fall Festival.
- Paul Todd Concert. St. Joseph’s in Amery. Sunday, Aug. 13. 7 – 9 PM.
- Officer Installation was discussed and tabled until early Aug. Perhaps after the Aug meeting? Not sure of location.
From Fr. John: St. Anthony Abbott’s Church in Cumberland recently completed a new addition. First brand new church in the Diocese in a long time. Fr. John attending celebration/Mass.
Good of the Order
Rich Lyons and Al Neuman.